Events @ SOLAS
SOLAS have We have a busy calendar ahead for the months of February and March:
Sunday 5th February
- St. Brigid’s Day celebrations: SOLAS are running a St. Brigid’s Cross workshop. Learn how to make your own St. Brigid’s Cross. All materials will be supplied. All ages and abilities Book online now at https://www.thegardenshop.ie/st-brigids-cross-weaving/
- The ‘Brat Bhrides’ will be sewing their St. Brigid’s scarves at SOLAS at 11am. So, bring along an old scarf and learn this simple sewing technique and help revive the ‘Brat Bhride’ tradition across Ireland at a community level,
- SOLAS also have local weaver Frank Sheeran, doing a basketry demonstration throughout the day.
- Charity Shop Clothes: Drop your unwanted clothes to SOLAS. In conjunction with NCBI charity. 11-4pm
- Markets: The first Saturday (10am-2pm) Farmers market of the new year on Saturday is now only 2 weeks away and will offering hot market food, meat, bread, fresh local vegetables & confectionary. Moo-Cow fresh local milk and shakes in glass bottles be there.
- The Sunday Craft market is returning on 12 February and promises to be sell out of over 30 stalls bringing the best of local craft.
- Plans are in place to bring the Circus for the last weekend in February. More details later
- Spin City Carnival is due to return to SOLAS for 9 days of celebrations around the St. Patrick’s Day festival.
Jobs @ SOLAS
We are recruiting for a number of positions including a
- ‘Food Manager’
- Horticulturist – Full and Part Time
- Warehouse & Shop Assistants – Full and Part time
Food & Cosy Cafe
In the SOLAS cafe this week, we have a selection of sandwiches, cakes, and pastries. We also have homemade soup and soda bread. Our hot special this week will be
- Creamy beef stroganoff served with basmati rice
The opening hours of café is from 10am-4pm Monday to Friday and 10am-5pm at the weekends. Hot dinners available 7 days a week from 12 noon to 2:30pm. The Outdoor food court will be open from March for the season.
SOLAS – PLANTS
Plant of the week: A relative of the nasty bindweed, Convolvulus cneorum makes an excellent garden plant with its evergreen foliage is covered in silky silver-grey hairs. Ideal in free draining soil
SOLAS – Shop
Now in stock a wide range of seed potatoes for the season ahead. Grow your own from garden to plate – simply delicious. Instore or online https://www.thegardenshop.ie/seeds/potatoes/