SOLAS will be buzzing this weekend as it hosts a packed double weekend of crafts and farmers Markets. The new café has proven to be hugely popular with customer giving a guaranteed warm, dry and trendy meeting spot complete with children’s play area. The outstanding success of last weekend was no doubt the introduction of ‘Moo-Cow’ milk and shakes which saw over 300 bottles of milk sold on the first day a trading with over 60% being sold as Milkshakes.
David Maher of SOLAS explains “really what drives are business model is events. We have created something really special here is terms of the food court and now the indoor café, but the beating heart of our enterprise is the markets. The range of fresh local natural food and craft on display this weekend is simply unmatched anywhere else in Ireland. We seem to never now have a quiet weekend, we are constantly busy even when the weather is poor. Clearly the investment cost to us has been high (€2.5million) but we really have been able to push SOLAS into the premier league of weekend destinations with just 18 months of opening”.
The Calendar between now and Christmas will feature a total of 1 Craft market, 7 Farmers markets, and 10 Christmas markets many of which are sold out already.
SOLAS News & Events
Take a step into Christmas at SOLAS with their Christmas shop now in full swing.
• Their Christmas Schedule has also been confirmed. See all dates below
• Santa Grotto: Thursdays and Fridays throughout December (5 to 9pm)
And Every Sunday, Starting 27th November (11 to 4pm), book online at Eventbrite.
• Night Markets: Every Sunday, Starting 27th November (11 to 4pm)
• Christmas Craft Fair: Every Sunday, Starting 27th November (11 to 4pm)
• Carol Singing: Sunday 18th December
• Crafts, wreath making and more can all be booked through their online store www.thegardenshop.ie/workshops
Special for weekend
• Chilli beef nachos with guac and sour cream.
• Louisianna chicken wings with celery and blur cheese dip
Progress on construction of the new indoor heated ‘Cosy Café @ SOLAS’ is coming along nicely. All the furniture (recycled of course) has arrived and builders are busy making this great new venue will be open for Saturday 15 October
Saturday’s Farmers’ Market
• This Saturday 5th November 10am-2pm will see a pretty full market with a wonderful range of bakery, fresh meat and organic beef. As ever the focus of the market is on fresh, local and organic. ‘Houlihens’ are back with their range of organic omelettes, First-time exhibitor ‘Molls Pick & Mix’ join with a wonder range of fudge.
Sunday’s Craft Market
• Sunday 6th November 11am-4pm will see a 100% sold out Craft Market. This once-a-month event is a sell out with extra stall space being added to cope with demand. See the best of range of local crafts, jewellery, clothes and art on Display and get some early ideas for Christmas Gifts. Food Treats include Bart’s option range of Belgian chocolates and an incredible range of Cheese cakes and confectionery from first time exhibitor ‘Sweet Cheese’ & Fun Food Crepes
SOLAS – Plants
Our featured range this week is our wide range of plants to create a sensory garden: grasses, perennials, herbs and trees For advice on this and other gardening matters our team of horticulturists are on hand 7-days a week. Plants featured Moss, Calocephalus brownie, Ficinia Ice Crystal, Festival glauca, Senetio Angel wings, Erica arbitra and Carex
SOLAS – Shop
With the relentless rain of late SOLAS has turned their attention to indoor gardening this week with a range of wonderful autumn/winter plant pot range. This new stylish range is the perfect accompaniment for your indoor plants
The weather forecast for this double market is quite good – it is to be mainly dry, sunny at times and moderate temperatures. As ever SOLAS is designed as an all-weather events location with covered farmers’ market, food court and heated indoor café.