A huge team effort is under way to turn SOLAS into a Winter Wonderland with Santa arriving this Sunday. The Farmers market street has been transformed into a Christmas streetscape with Christmas lights, Craft stalls, a new constructed ‘North Pole Forest’ walkway leading to Santa’s grotto.
David Maher co-owner of SOLAS explains “with the success of our Christmas Craft markets last year we wanted to push ourselves this year and we have a fantastic range of markets, Christmas events and a chance to meet Santa as part of our line-up. We are so lucky to have a such a talented team working here that everything from the grotto, to the 2m high candy canes have been crafted inhouse. This has also allowed us to offer Santa tickets @ €10 which will surely be welcome news to many. Really there is nowhere else in Ireland which will have such a magical line-up over the next 4 weeks. Owners and staff and brimming with pride with what we have created.”
The season truly kills off this Sunday 27 November from 11am-4pm with the first of our Christmas Craft markets and the arrival of Santa.
CHRISTMAS EVENTS @ SOLAS
• Christmas Markets: there are a total of 10 Christmas markets being run at SOLAS this year including 6 markets at night:
o 11am-4pm on Sunday 27th November, 4th, 11th & 18th December
o 5-9pm on Thursday & Friday 1, 2, 8, 9, 15 & 16th December
• Book a trip to meet Santa this Christmas featuring a grotto, elves, North-Pole Forest, sheep & Alpacas. €10 per ticket, dates and times are the same as for the Christmas markets
• Note: To book school Santa trips email [email protected] or Phone John on 057 9373 330
Sunday 27th November
• 12 noon: Christmas Wreath with mulled wine see www.thegardenshop.ie/wreath-making-class/
Friday 2nd December
• 6-7.30pm: Macramé Workshop (Christmas Decorations) see www.thegardenshop.ie/macrame/
Thursday 8th December
• 6-7.30pm: Quilling Workshop (Christmas Card) see www.thegardenshop.ie/quilling-workshop/
Saturday 10th December
• 1-2pm Kids Christmas Crafts Workshop (Eco Christmas Crafts) see www.thegardenshop.ie/kids-christmas-crafts/
Thursday / Friday 15 & 16th December
• 6.30 – 8pm: Eco Friendly Christmas Present Wrapping Workshop see https://www.thegardenshop.ie/christmas-craft/
Saturday 17th December
• 1-2pm Kids Christmas Crafts Workshop (Eco Christmas Crafts)
SOLAS – FOOD
The ‘Hot’ item on the menu over the coming weeks will be very much ‘Hot Chocolates’ and ‘Mulled Wine’ as we enter the Christmas season. The food hours have been extended to match that of the Christmas Craft Market and visitors to Santa’s grotto
• Next Thursday & Friday 5-9pm: Burgers, Hot Dogs, Waffles and Churros
• Weekend Menu: Hot and Hearty Beef and vegetable stew with mashed potatoes.
Saturday’s Farmers’ Market
• Following a very successful market last week ‘Alize Fish Bates from Kilmore quay’ are back again this week with an even larger range of fresh Irish fish. It was really lovely to see the huge turnout of ‘Fish Lovers’ last weekend as such support is essential to keep the best stall holders coming back.
• ‘Moo-Cow’ Milk and shakes available six days a week from Tuesday 7.30am to Sunday 6pm
Sunday’s Christmas Craft Market
• The first of our 10 Christmas Craft Markets takes place this Sunday 27 November from 11am-4pm. The Market is 100% sold out and will contain a wonderful mix of arts, craft and gift ideas for the big day.
SOLAS – Plants
This Week Solas Eco Garden Shop ‘Plant of the Week’ is:
• Ilex Verticillata ‘winterberry’ shrub which grows up to 2m high and will light up a winter garden right through to January. Part of the Holly family the red berries of ilex bring a real sense of Christmas to a garden and provide ideal late winter food for birds such as thrushes and blackbirds.
This tree is only available in shop – call in and get advice from the team of horticulturists 7 days a week
SOLAS – Shop
SOLAS has a range of real Christmas trees in store available in heights of 5ft, 6ft, 7ft & 8ft. Also, for the ultimate in an Eco-Friendly Christmas see the range of ‘Living’ Potted Christmas trees which be brought into your house for Christmas and then kept in the garden waiting for next year.
Note: Free local delivery available