SOLAS Award Winning Restaurant, Events & Brazil Day
You were warned! – for those who didn’t take the opportunity to visit the 10-day Carnival @ the SOLAS Eco Garden centre in Portarlington last week, this night-time view tells the tale of how magical Events @ SOLAS really are and what you and the family missed out on.
The good news is that this coming weekend will again be an action-packed affair. David Maher of SOLAS explains “Our focus is on becoming the best family event destination in Ireland – we have the winning combination of great food (2 wins at Irish Restaurant Awards 2023), a fantastic venue, huge array of plants and products and a conveyor belt of free family events every weekend”. Delighted to now be a Multi Award Winning Garden Centre.
Events @ SOLAS
- 24th March Friday 7-8.30pm. ‘Brushes and Bubbles’: Join talented artist Gillian Jones Art and explore your artistic side. Chat & sip on some bubbly and create a masterpiece for you to take home and enjoy! Two free glasses of Bubbly (non-alcoholic available). €45 Book www.thegardenshop.ie/painting-party/
Saturday 25th March
- 10-2pm: Weekly farmers Market
- 2-4pm: Herbal Talk with Laura Darcy. Talk on what plants add to your garden & what weeds are already in your garden to keep you healthy. Enjoy a Cup of hand Blended Herbal Tea & a Chat. €10 see https://yarrowlane.ie/…/herbal-chat-what-weeds-can-heal/
Sunday 26th March
- 10.30-1.30pm: Pregnancy wellness Morning – Nurturing baby and You. Light breathwork/Yoga, Refreshments included. €40 Contact Catriona (086 8890005)
- 11-4pm: Brazil Market Event. Sample food, crafts, services and beauty by local Brazilian business.
Food Court & Cosy Cafe
This weekend at the Courtyard Restaurant we see the launch of the new SOLAS ‘Artisan Pizza’ menu. There is also a great selection healthy brunch and lunch options, to be capped off the meal with a barista coffee and a one of Chef Allans delicious range of homemade desserts.
- See menu on https://ecogardenshop.ie/outdoor-food-court/
SOLAS – PLANTS
Lonicera Fragrantissima is a deciduous, fully hardy, bushy climber which can be planted in sheltered or exposed sites. It grows to a height 1.5-2m spread up to 2m in 10 years. Flowering time: winter- to early spring. Flowers, very fragrant, followed by red berries.
SOLAS – Shop
The product of the week is SOLAS’s huge-range Bird feeders and nesting boxes and everything else for the ideal wildlife garden. Attract birds to your garden and keep them coming back.
Visit: SOLAS Eco Garden Centre, Portarlington, Co. Laois R32 RPX8 Daily 10-6pm